Selling homes is WHAT WE DO. If you’re getting ready to put your home on the market, like most sellers you probably want your home to sell for top dollar, and quick. Luckily, it’s very possible and we’ve helped many sellers achieve this! There are some key things you will need to do in order to help your home appeal to buyers and sell for more. Check out our 5 tips below to help you prepare your home to sell.
Clean Up Your Home
- Make sure your home is looking its absolute BEST when you are getting professional photos taken and showing your home to potential buyers. Be sure your home is cleaned up, vacuumed, beds made, and looking as close to a model home as you can get it 🙂 This helps buyers envision themselves living there without being distracted by a dirty home.
- Declutter your home. Clear your kitchen counters and other surfaces as much as possible. Clear out any excess of children’s toys as well, as these can be very distracting. Keep it simple and leave only a few things that serve a decorative purpose. Less is more!
- Clean up your landscape. Curb appeal is one of the first things to make an impression to buyers when they arrive. The front of the home is usually one of the first photos people will see online too. Have lawns cut, bushes trimmed, dead palm leaves removed, old mulch replaced, etc. If your landscape is tidy, it’ll be more attractive and give a better first impression.
Update and Upgrade
- If you have any areas that are in desperate need of an upgrade, invest a little bit and get them done, it will pay off. Some examples include painting any rooms that may need it, replacing broken lightbulbs, replacing broken appliances, changing out broken wall plates, and sometimes even replacing flooring if it’s really necessary. There are many potential areas you can update that won’t be too costly, yet still make a big difference. Just walk around your house and look at it as though you were a buyer looking to purchase.
- Lastly, make yourself available! When you list your home, make sure you are doing all that you can to show it to as many buyers as possible. When it’s difficult for agents to show clients, a huge number of potential buyers and potential good offers are turned away. The more you show your home early in the process, the better chance you have at selling quickly!
It’s very feasible to sell your home for top dollar and quickly if you are well prepared and do your due diligence to have your home showing its best. We hope this lists helps you on your way to getting your home looking great for that sale! If you have further questions on how to prepare your home to sell, check out our video and feel free to contact Tyson direct!